If you think you are injured, do not assume that you will recover without treatment. Sometimes, injuries do not show up immediately and can worsen if ignored.
I’ve Been Injured in a Premises Liability Accident in New York: What Do I Need to Know?
Most premises liability cases involve slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall accidents, which can be caused by some of the following:
- Wet, slippery, or uneven surfaces
- Cracked, broken and/or uneven sidewalks
- Broken and/or defective stairs
- Missing and/or loose handrails
- Snow and ice accumulation
- Inadequate lighting
- Loose objects
- Defective flooring
Premises liability cases are not limited to slip and falls and trip and falls, however. Some other types of premises liability cases include:
Your health always comes first, so make sure to seek medical attention immediately.
After you have sought medical treatment, immediately contact an attorney who specializes in premises liability. A premises liability attorney can help investigate your claim, preserve crucial evidence, and suggest next steps.
At the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff, our attorneys and staff will investigate your claim and pinpoint those responsible for your injuries. We will work tirelessly to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.
In the State of New York you typically cannot sue your employer, although you may be eligible for Workers’ Compensation. However, if you are injured on the job as a result of a premises accident, a personal injury claim against someone other than your employer may be possible.
At the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff our team of highly experienced premises attorneys will ensure that you obtain the maximum recovery possible for both your work related injury action and your Worker’s Compensation claim.
Insurance companies regularly deny coverage for victims of accidents. Health insurance plans through Medicare and Medicaid often will not cover all necessary medical treatment. Significant surgeries, medical aides, therapies, and other necessary treatments may not be covered by traditional health insurance.
You need a personal legal advisor who can help get you the proper medical treatment. Here at the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff, we will not allow your inability to cover costs immediately, stop you from getting the medical treatment you need.
There are several types of compensation that you may be entitled to:
- Medical Expenses - You may seek compensation for all past and future medical expenses.
- Lost Income - If your injuries prevent you from working, you may seek compensation for lost income, including future lost income.
- Pain and Suffering - You may seek compensation for physical, mental, and future pain and suffering.
The Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. We have assembled a team of knowledgeable and dedicated staff to help aid you in recovering every cent to which you are entitled.
Premises liability cases can be complicated, especially in New York. The insurance companies stop at nothing to prevent you from getting the full compensation you deserve. You need an attorney who has the skills, persistence, and passion to fight for you and your family. You need an attorney who won’t allow the insurance company to bully you. You need an attorney who will fight for every penny of compensation that you deserve. You need the Bull, Michael S. Lamonsoff.
You Need A Team That Will Fight For You
If you have been injured in a premises accident you need a legal team that understands the law in New York and that will stand up to the big insurance companies when they try to tell you that you are not really hurt or that, even if you are, it is not their fault.
Although premises liability claims often present difficult legal challenges, and although the insurance companies fight tooth and nail to prevent you from obtaining a just reward, our premises liability attorneys have the knowledge, experience, and dedication to aggressively fight and win the highest award possible for our clients.
Michael S. Lamonsoff has spent decades punishing greedy property owners who chose profit over safety. He has represented thousands of victims injured in premises accidents and has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for them. If you have been injured on a property and wish to consult with a premises liability lawyer in NYC, call our legal team. Our results speak for themselves.
More Than Half A Billion In Verdicts & Settlements
Clients call Michael Lamonsoff “The Bull” because he fights relentlessly for their victory. We are consistently rated as one of the top personal injury law firms in New York City.
$12,157,000 to clients who were victims of a train derailment.
$4,750,000 awarded to a construction worker who was injured when a concrete slab fell and struck him, causing multiple injuries.
$4,100,000 settlement in a case involving a construction worker who was injured when he tripped over a loose beam.
$2,800,000 settlement for an ironworker who suffered a slip and fall on a construction site that caused significant lower back injuries.
$3,500,000 awarded to an injured construction worker after he tripped and fell over a plumbing pipe that was covered and obscured by snow at a construction site
$3,100,000 awarded to a union construction worker injured in a fall.
$1,000,000 awarded to a construction worker who fell through a skylight in a warehouse.
Schedule a Free ConsultationContact Us
Immediate Actions to Take After an Accident
try to make sure that you remember the conditions that led to your accident as this will help your case.
if you fall on someone else’s property, file an accident report with the owner or managing agent as soon as possible so that contemporaneous documentation of your accident exists.
this is the most important thing you could do! Take photos of what caused you to fall or what caused your injury.
try and obtain contact information of any witnesses and make sure you can get in touch with anybody who witnessed your accident. Witnesses can be important in proving how your accident occurred and that a dangerous condition had been present prior to your accident.
AFTER YOUR ACCIDENT
- CALL US as soon as possible to notify us of your accident so we can start the process of investigating your claim.
- KEEP TRACK OF YOUR INJURIES especially aches and pains that may arise in the days following the accident, and be sure to go to the doctor and attend all appointments. Many injuries may not be immediately obvious to a victim until some time has passed.
Types of Damages Recoverable in Premises Liability Accidents
Victims of premises liability accidents often need compensation for payment of medical bills and to support their families. Injuries can keep people from working, and insurance companies try to pay out as little as possible.
You need a knowledgeable law firm to fight for your rights. At the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff, PLLC our team of knowledgeable and aggressive NYC premises accident lawyers is committed to helping clients maximize their settlement or verdict. We take the time to explore every avenue for financial support. You may be entitled to recover money for:
Our attorneys at the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff, PLLC have recovered over 500 million dollars in compensation for their clients. Call today if you were involved in a premises liability accident, and our dedicated and successful staff will help you get the compensation you deserve.
- Emergency room care;
- Other medical bills and expenses;
- Physical therapy;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of future earning potential;
- Pain and suffering;
- Scarring or disfigurement;
- Permanent physical impairments; and
- Reduced quality of life.
Were you the victim of a premises liability accident? Here’s why it’s critical that you call our office.
- Property owners will be quick to deny responsibility and even blame you for your accident and injuries.
- Insurance companies aren’t on your side. They’ll do anything to deny or drive down the value of your claim.
- There might be several liable parties. You won’t know unless there’s a thorough investigation into your premises liability accident.
- There’s a limited amount of time to file a premises liability lawsuit or injury claim. You risk losing out on valuable money by hesitating or waiting too long to assert your rights.
- It’s hard to know what your case is worth, and you certainly don’t want to leave that calculation up to insurers.
Negligent Landowners in New York: Their Responsibility
Landowners are required by law to maintain their property in a reasonably safe condition. However, many fail to do so, causing thousands of injuries in New York every year. Indications of negligent maintenance by an owner include:
- Insufficient lighting in public areas;
- Loose or broken steps;
- Uneven or cracked sidewalks;
- Dirty, wet, or slippery flooring;
- Mis-leveled or poorly maintained elevators;
- Cluttered walkways;
- Sidewalks that are improperly or incompletely cleared of snow;
- Leaks that lead to cracked or poorly maintained ceilings which eventually collapse;
- Inadequate locks or security measures to protect from known criminal activity;
- Hazardous or heavy tree branches;
- Electrical hazards
Our aggressive, experienced, and professional premises liability attorneys at the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff have decades of experience proving in court that landowners were negligent. You can trust us to fight for your case.