Michael S. Lamonsoff is the founding partner of MSL (Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff PLLC) in New York, New York. He has earned the nickname of “The Bull” because of his relentless and forceful approach in fighting for his clients’ rights. His passionate “no holds barred” representation has yielded some of the highest settlements and verdicts.
Michael Lamonsoff is renowned for representing clients in some of the highest-profile personal injury, construction accidents and civil rights cases. While the vast majority of cases settle, Mr. Lamonsoff believes in preparing every case for trial.
“The insurance companies are afraid to go to trial. They want to control the process. They want to control the amount of compensation our clients get for their injuries. They know that once the case goes to trial, they have lost this control to a jury. A jury is made of people just like you and others in the community where you live. They are far more sympathetic to our clients’ plight than multi-national insurance corporations. That is why, the closer we come to trial, the more money they will offer. I have assembled a special team of highly aggressive attorneys, paralegals, experts, and paraprofessionals to defeat the insurance companies at their own game.”
- Michael S. Lamonsoff Esq.
Memberships and recognitions
- Michael Lamonsoff is licensed to practice law in the state courts of New York and the federal district courts for the southern and eastern districts of New York
- Mr. Lamonsoff is a member of the New York State Bar Association
- He is on the Board of Directors for the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, where he served as subcommittee chairman for the Anti-Runners Ethics Committee
- He is also a member of the American Association for Justice and the New York County Lawyers Association
- Michael Lamonsoff has been elected by his peers to be a member of the prestigious “Super Lawyers” panel
- Because of our firm’s many million-dollar and multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts, he has been inducted into the prestigious Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums
- Our firm has been consistently featured in the legal publication, “VerdictSearch’s Top New York Verdicts”
Michael Lamonsoff graduated from the University of Arizona with a Bachelor of Arts degree. Thereafter, he began postgraduate studies program at Columbia University, where he was awarded a meritorious scholarship for his academic achievements. He served in various capacities for student politics and as the editor of the student newspaper. He graduated with dual post-graduate degrees, a Master of Arts and a Master of Education in the field of psychology.
Following his graduation from Columbia, Mr. Lamonsoff attended the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law.
During law school, he was selected by the Honorable Justice Simone E. Chrein, Chief Magistrate of the Federal Court for the Eastern District of New York, to serve as his Student Law Clerk. Thereafter, he was selected as a Student Law Clerk to the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, Civil Division, serving under then acting United States Attorney, Rudolph Giuliani. After completing his work with the United States Attorney’s Office, Michael Lamonsoff served as a law clerk, specializing in drafting appeals for an insurance defense firm.
Upon his graduation from law school, Michael Lamonsoff was hired as a staff attorney/litigator by the law firm of Garfinkel & Lesman, in-house counsel to one of America’s largest insurance companies, the American International Group. After serving with distinction at Garfinkel & Lesman, Mr. Lamonsoff accepted a partnership with a large plaintiffs’ personal injury law firm in New York City. In 1994, he left that firm and founded the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff PLLC. Because of his aggressive and results-based litigation style, our firm has become one of the largest law firms representing victims in personal injury, medical malpractice, and civil rights cases.