His clients call Michael Lamonsoff “The Bull” because he never stops fighting for them. Thanks to “The Bull” and his team of top-rated litigators, the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff, PLLC., is consistently rated as one of the top personal injury law firms in New York City.
Forklift Accident Lawyers in New York City
If you work in construction, a warehouse, or manufacturing facility, you are likely familiar with forklifts. Forklifts also known as lift trucks or powered industrial trucks, help speed up the movement of large materials, and allow for the easy transport of heavy items. Although operating a forklift is a job reserved for trained operators, accidents can happen, often with serious results.
If you’ve been injured in a forklift accident, you should consult the construction accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff, PLLC right away. We know what it takes to fight the insurance companies and win, and we will fight relentlessly to get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Select results from recent construction accident cases:
- $1,000,000 settlement for a NYPD traffic officer whose vehicle was struck by a negligently operated forklift resulting in serious injuries.
- $2,200,000 awarded to a construction worker who was catastrophically injured when a trailer rolled back and crushed him against a jersey barrier.
- $2,100,000 million settlement for a construction worker injured by heavy equipment.
What are the most common causes of forklift accidents?
Construction workers are most commonly injured when forklifts overturn, when a worker is struck, crushed, or pinned, and when someone falls off of them. These accidents occur for a variety of reasons. These are some of the most common causes:
- Lack of adequate employee training
- Improper maintenance of forklift equipment
- Error in setting up, loading, or driving of the forklift
- Manufacturer defect in the forklift or parts of the forklift
- Operation under hazardous conditions, such as over uneven ground or with an improperly secured load
According to Federal law, only someone who is over 18 and properly certified and trained may operate a forklift. New York State also requires forklift operators to have an operator’s license and receive proper training. Employers are required to make sure that operators have the proper training required. However, when these legal requirements are not adequately followed, poor training and ignoring safety regulations can result in catastrophic injuries.
Over $500 million in verdicts & settlements for our clients
$16,000,000 Verdict Awarded to a Victim of Sexual Abuse
$12,157,000 Settlement in a Train Derailment Case
$11,750,000 Awarded to a Victim of Wrongful Conviction
$9,000,000 Awarded to a Victim of Municipal Assault
$6,500,000 Settlement in a Construction Accident Case
$5,500,000 Verdict Awarded in a Construction Accident Case
$4,750,000 Awarded to an Injured Construction Worker
$4,100,000 Settlement in a Construction Accident Case
$4,000,000 Awarded to Families of Flight 587 Victims
What are the most common forklift accident injuries?
Because of the enormous amounts of weights involved and the unstable condition in which workers frequently operate forklifts, forklift accidents almost always lead to serious injuries. Some of these injuries include:
- Spinal cord damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Crushed limbs
When a forklift injury is serious and often life-changing, as those described above, they can require expensive medical care and the possibility of a longterm disability.
What should I do if I have been injured in a forklift accident?
- The first and most important thing you need to do is get medical help. Your health is more important than anything else. Even if you feel “all right,” please see a doctor. The shock from an accident can hide injuries from view, and a full check up by a physician should be your top priority.
- If you or a co-worker have a cell phone with a camera, make sure the time and date stamp is on and take as many pictures as possible of the accident and the surroundings. Also be sure to take pictures of the extent of your injuries.
- If you can, report the incident to your supervisor so that they will fill out an incident report. This will help solidify the chain of events that led to your injury.
- Consult an attorney who understands New York construction laws. An attorney familiar with the law involving forklift accidents will be able to advise you as to your rights and the next steps to take. At the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff, our top-rated attorneys have recovered more than $500 million dollars for our clients. We will fight aggressively to get compensation for all of the injuries that you have suffered.
On August 14, 2014, I was working when I was hit by a forklift. I got injuries to my head, neck, back and right knee. I was referred to the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff by a friend. My experience has been very positive. Everyone took care of me at every turn. Everyone has been thoughtful, caring and highly professional.
Contact us for help with your forklift accident claim
The Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff and its construction accident attorneys have spent years providing assistance to construction accident victims. If you’ve been involved in an accident and ask for our help, we will thoroughly investigate your claim, and fight for your rights to compensation.
If you have been involved in a forklift accident, contact the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff for a free consultation today.
Contact our office at 212- 962-1020 for a FREE CONSULTATION any time.
Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.