New York Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
Getting injured on the job can have devastating effects not only on the victim, but on the victim’s entire family. In most cases, the severity of the injuries dictates the unwelcome changes to the victim’s way of life. Many on-the-job injuries tend to be catastrophic because they are usually severe or permanent, and sometimes even both. Victims of workplace injuries find themselves facing an accumulation of unpaid medical bills, mounting debt directly associated with everyday living expenses, and changing family dynamics as a result of the injury itself. Confusion begins to set in among all of the anger and frustration that has already taken root; it can be hard to deal with the situation objectively. At least the state of New York mandates that every employer provides workers’ compensation benefits to employees. These benefits help provide income and medical care during their time of recovery. Unfortunately, there can be many obstacles and hurdles to actually acquiring these badly needed benefits. This is where the extensive knowledge of The Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff, PLLC can prove to be priceless. If you have sustained a serious injury while working, it is very likely that you are due workers’ compensation benefits and our team of experienced attorneys can help you get them. The highly skilled attorneys at The Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff, PLLC, have over a century of expert experience successfully obtaining workers’ compensation benefits for their clients.
If I am injured at work am I automatically due workers’ compensation benefits?
No, not necessarily. This is a very common misconception. People assume that if they are injured on the job, then they are automatically due workers’ compensation benefits. Most occupations and employers in New York are covered by the Workers’ Compensation Law. However, in order to be eligible to receive benefits, you must be able to prove that the injury, illness, or disease that you are suffering from is causally related and a direct result of an injury sustained while working. In essence, you must be able to prove, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that your injury is a direct result of your work. The Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff, PLLC can help you prove your case and get you the benefits that you deserve.
What qualities must be present for an injury to be covered by New York Compensation laws?
As we have just discussed, not every injury that occurs at work is covered by workers’ compensation and/or qualifies to receive workers’ compensation benefits. There are several elements that must be present in order to pursue a legitimate workers’ compensation claim.
- First, you must work for a company that carries workers’ compensation coverage, whether mandated by the state or optional.
- Second, the injurie(s) or illness(es) must have been suffered as a direct result of performing your job or while you were carrying out the necessary duties of your job.
- Third, you must have also given your employer a written notice of the incident that caused your injuries within thirty days of the occurrence. The sooner, the better.
- Last, you should obtain and be able to produce a medical report stating that your injur(ies) or illness(es) were caused by an on-the-job accident or worksite conditions.
These are the necessary elements that must be present for a successful workers’ compensation claim. However, employers and insurance providers both can dispute the claim even if it clearly qualifies for benefits. It is important that you have substantial evidence and strong representation if you are pursuing benefits from a workers’ compensation claim. The Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff, PLLC has over 100 years of experience representing victims of workers’ compensation claims. These attorneys will investigate diligently and fight fiercely to get you all of the financial compensation that you are entitled to.
What type of Workers’ Compensation benefits can I get?
New York State Law provides many different types of benefits with regards to injured employees. Of course, the goal is to prevent or relieve financial hardship and the victim make a full recovery. Here are some of the most common benefits we see awarded in workers’ compensation cases:
- Financial compensation equal to two-thirds of your average weekly wages based on your pay at the time of the accident but not to exceed the New York State maximum of $808.65 per week.
- You may receive a reduced earning compensation if you have suffered a partial disability.
- Necessary medical treatment from doctors and chiropractors with treatment cost covered by workers’ compensation.
- Financial compensation for extremity injuries, like damage to the hands or legs, even if it does not prevent you from working.
- Reimbursement for out-of-pocket financial expenses, such as prescriptions or traveling to see a doctor, that are directly related to your injuries. Even the cost of bandages and/or therapists can be reimbursed.
Will filing a workers’ compensation claim effect my job security?
No, filing a workers’ compensation claim should not affect your job security at all. Many employees hesitate to file a legitimate claim because they feel that it will cost their employer money. This couldn’t be further from the truth. Companies carry workers’ compensation insurance so that they don’t have to pay for injured workers out of company money. The insurance pays for it, and it should not affect the company or your job security at all.
Call a New York workers’ compensation attorney with extensive experience
The Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff, PLLC has years of experience and a proven track record of success representing workers’ compensation claims in New York. Our highly skilled attorneys work closely with top experts in the field to investigate meticulosly while preparing and presenting the absolute strongest argument available so you can recover the full amount of financial compensation in your case. If you sustained a serious injury while at work or performing the necessary duties of your job, The Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff, PLLC will fight for your rights as a victim and represent your best interests so that you can concentrate on recovering. You can contact us by calling our toll-free number (877) 675-4529 to set up your initial consultation, or you can fill out our consultation request form and we will get in touch with you shortly. If you have been the victim of an on-the-job accident and sustained serious injuries, please don’t hesitate to contact our office immediately and speak with a workers’ compensation attorney.