Over $500 Million in Verdicts & Settlements for Our Clients
The Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff employs an unrelenting approach to get our clients the justice they deserve. Our slip and fall accident lawyers will employ vigorous negotiation tactics to produce a successful settlement, or we will take your case all the way to trial. In either case, we have won exceptional awards for our clients who were victims of slip and fall or trip and fall accidents.
$12,157,000 to clients who were victims of a train derailment.
$4,750,000 awarded to a construction worker who was injured when a concrete slab fell and struck him, causing multiple injuries.
$4,100,000 settlement in a case involving a construction worker who was injured when he tripped over a loose beam.
$2,800,000 settlement for an ironworker who suffered a slip and fall on a construction site that caused significant lower back injuries.
$3,500,000 awarded to an injured construction worker after he tripped and fell over a plumbing pipe that was covered and obscured by snow at a construction site
$3,100,000 awarded to a union construction worker injured in a fall.
$1,000,000 awarded to a construction worker who fell through a skylight in a warehouse.
Schedule a Free ConsultationContact Us
Frequently Asked Questions About Slip & Fall Cases
Under New York State law, property owners and lessees have a legal duty to maintain their property in a reasonably safe condition and may be held legally responsible for injuries which occur on their property. Determining the proper parties to name in a lawsuit is often very challenging. It requires an experienced law firm who will conduct a prompt and thorough investigation. At the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff, we have handled tens of thousands of slip and fall and trip and fall cases and have the experience necessary to identify those responsible for your injuries.
The law involving slip and fall or trip and fall accidents in the State of New York is complicated. Very often, the laws favor the property owners and lessees. A lawsuit will not necessarily be successful just because one is injured on someone’s property. The injured party must be able to prove that the property owner or lessee either created the unsafe condition that led to the injury or that they knew or should have known of the unsafe condition.
Yes, and the sooner the better. When you are injured as a result of an unsafe condition on someone’s property, you need to act fast. The insurance company has an unfair advantage as they are quickly notified of an accident so that they can investigate and start building their defense immediately. It is crucial that you level the playing field and contact an attorney immediately in order to allow for a prompt and thorough investigation of your claim on your behalf. You want to ensure that you have every advantage that the insurance company has and that you are able to investigate and preserve all evidence of your accident.
Get rightful compensation for your injuriesContact Us
The many types of slip/trip and fall accidents and the injuries they cause
Many slip and fall or trip and fall accidents result in devastating injuries, such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Spinal disc injuries
- Knee and shoulder injuries
- Sometimes even death.
Often, because of where the accident occurred or because of who the responsible party may be, the injured person may not realize that they can bring a lawsuit. These types of accidents can happen anywhere including sidewalks, staircases, office buildings, apartment buildings, grocery stores, private homes, parking lots, hospitals and government-owned properties. The responsible party may be an individual, a corporation, an estate or even local, State or Federal government.
It is important to contact a law firm with experience in slip and fall and trip and fall accidents in order to learn your rights.
After a slip & fall accident: 8 critical steps
- Immediately seek medical attention if you are injured. It is important that either you or your loved one sees a doctor to make sure any injuries are documented and treated as soon as possible.
- Determine and document what caused you to slip and fall or trip and fall. The best time to make this evaluation is right after the accident occurs.
- Immediately take photographs and video of what caused you to fall.
- Obtain the names and contact information of any witnesses to your fall.
- If possible, report the accident to the property owner, management company or anyone else who can take a report of your accident.
- If you make a report, request a copy of the report before leaving.
- It is in your best interest to refuse to make a statement to someone who calls you from “risk management” or an insurance company.
- Immediately call the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff. Our experienced team of NYC slip and fall accident attorneys will walk you through every step of the process and immediately take the necessary steps to protect your rights.
Contact Us Today
Call for a free consultation with an experienced NYC slip or trip and fall lawyer, and let us fight for the justice you deserve.