Latest Case Results
$7,000,000 awarded to Fernando Bermudez, now an internationally acclaimed speaker, for due process violations by members of the NYPD which resulted in an 18 year wrongful conviction for a murder he did not commit. The award is one of the highest settlements ever paid by the City of New York for civil rights violations.
$5,500,000 verdict awarded construction worker who was injured when a wood bracing collapsed while exiting a ditch resulting in spinal injuries
- $4,750,000 awarded to a construction worker who was injured when a concrete slab fell and struck him resulting in multiple injuries
- $4,750,000 awarded to Fernando Bermudez, who spent 18 years in prison as a result of being wrongfully convicted for a murder he did not commit. The award is the highest against the State in New York State history.
- $4,100,000 settlement in a case involving a construction worker who was injured when he tripped over a loose beam.
- $4,000,000+ for family members of victims of the fatal American Flight 587 Airline Disaster.
- $3,500,000 awarded to an injured construction worker after he tripped and fell over a plumbing pipe that was covered and obscured by snow at a construction site.
- $3,200,000 recovered in a case involving a construction worker who was injured when he was struck by falling construction material.
- $3,000,000 obtained for a laborer who was injured when he fell from an 18 foot ladder that was not secured properly.
- $2,500,000 awarded in a case involving a union laborer who was injured when struck by an improperly secured lumber.
- $2,200,000 awarded to a construction worker who was catastrophically injured when a trailer rolled back and crushed him against a jersey barrier.
- $2,000,000 obtained for a woman who was injured when her vehicle was rear-ended by a box truck.
- $2,000,000 awarded to a construction worker who was injured when a trench collapsed.
- $2,000,000 recovered for a 14 year old boy was struck by a van while riding a bicycle
- $1,675,000 awarded to a driver of a car which struck by another car.
- $1,600.000 awarded to a woman who was a passenger in a vehicle rear-ended by an 18-wheel tractor trailer. Injuries included back neck and shoulder injuries
- $1,500,000 recovered in a case involving a construction worker who was injured when he fell from unsecured scaffold.
- $1,495,000 awarded to a passenger of a vehicle in which the driver lost control of his vehicle and struck a tree.
- $1,250,000 awarded to a 35 year old taxi cab driver whose vehicle was rear-ended by another vehicle.
- $1,000,050 jury award to a driver of a vehicle that was rear-ended by an MTA bus.
- $1,000,180 awarded to the family of a 1 year old infant who fell and drowned in a full bucket placed to catch water leaking from a ceiling.
- $1,000,000 awarded to a union plasterer who was injured on the job when he was burned by a torch.
- $1,000,000 awarded to a construction worker who fell through a skylight in a warehouse.
- $1,000,000 settlement for a NYPD traffic officer whose vehicle was struck by a negligently operated forklift resulting in serious injuries.
- $1,785,000 settlement for a woman who was severely injured as the result of a misleveled elevator.