His clients call Michael Lamonsoff “The Bull” because he never stops fighting for them. Thanks to “The Bull” and his team of top-rated litigators, the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff, PLLC., is consistently rated as one of the top personal injury law firms in New York City.
Have you or someone you love been involved in a truck accident with a cargo truck in New York? Cargo truck accidents are different from car and other auto crashes, and you need a law firm with the resources and experience in handling claims against large trucking companies, insurance companies and negligent truckers. Get in touch with the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff for top legal advice and representation following a cargo truck accident in New York City.
Large financial compensation may be available in cargo truck accident cases to cover your damages and losses, including medical care, time off work, pain and suffering, and emotional distress. Our lawyers have over 100 years of combined experience helping truck accident victims in New York to achieve their rightful financial compensation. Our cargo truck accident lawyers in New York City are determined to fight for you to obtain the compensation you need and deserve.
Investigating the Causes of a New York Cargo Truck Accident
Liability in a cargo truck accident can be complicated, but the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff will comb through the evidence to determine fault of all the liable parties. During our accident investigation involving a cargo truck, we will:
- Engage with top medical professionals to ensure you receive the best medical care
- Immediately visit the crash site to collect physical evidence
- Identify and reach out to potential eyewitnesses
- Obtain the vehicle's "black box" electronic onboarding device data (installed in the truck) which tracks the trucker's driving time, the truck speed, and its safety system's functioning
- Analyze accident reports like the police reports
- Work with accident reconstruction professionals who can provide their expert testimony about the likely cause of the crash
- Obtain the cargo trucking operator’s vehicle maintenance and inspection records
- Obtain documentation that provides specifics about how the trucking company hires, trains, and oversees its drivers
- Obtain the truck driver's logs, including details like the hours spent on the road
Several parties may share responsibility in a cargo truck collision. Our team of NYC cargo truck accident attorneys is committed to devoting the time and effort required to pinpoint all possible negligent parties, enabling us to seek maximum financial compensation from all parties on your behalf.
Can I Recover Compensation if I Am Being Blamed for a Truck Accident in New York?
Only a few states use a purely comparative negligence approach in cases of shared blame, and New York is one of them. Under NY CPLR Section 1411, you can recover damages in a personal injury case even if you were 99% at fault. However, if the court finds you at fault, you will get a recovery proportionate to your share of fault.
After a major vehicle accident, insurance companies will likely want to place as much responsibility on you as possible. They lessen their compensation obligation proportionally for each risk they can pass on to you.
It’s crucial to seek sound legal advice from our knowledgeable New York City personal injury lawyers to defend you against these blame-shifting attempts. We're familiar with how insurance companies try to transfer the blame onto the defendant, and we're prepared to fight back.
Over $500 million in verdicts & settlements for our clients
$16,000,000 Verdict Awarded to a Victim of Sexual Abuse
$12,157,000 Settlement in a Train Derailment Case
$11,750,000 Awarded to a Victim of Wrongful Conviction
$9,000,000 Awarded to a Victim of Municipal Assault
$6,500,000 Settlement in a Construction Accident Case
$5,500,000 Verdict Awarded in a Construction Accident Case
$4,750,000 Awarded to an Injured Construction Worker
$4,100,000 Settlement in a Construction Accident Case
$4,000,000 Awarded to Families of Flight 587 Victims
Common Forms of Negligence in New York Cargo Truck Accidents
To maximize your claim for damages, the top-rated New York cargo truck accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff will strive to demonstrate the truck driver, the trucking company, and any other parties' negligence.
Truck Driver Negligence:
- Distracted driving
- Aggressive driving
- Drunk driving
- Incompetence or lack of training
- Drowsy or sleepy driving
- Failure to obey the traffic rules
- Driving while intoxicated with drugs
- Fatigued driving
- Failure to ensure correct cargo loading
- Failure to inspect the truck condition
- Violating Federal Hours of Service rules
- Ignoring blind spots
- Improper lane changing
Trucking Company Negligence:
- Pushing the cargo truck driver to work excessively long hours
- Compelling the trucker to meet delivery deadlines, risking the safety of others on the road
- Asking the cargo truck driver to under-report their driving hours
- Recruiting incompetent or less experienced truck drivers to save on costs or make up for the scarcity of labor
- Providing inadequate, incorrect, or no training to the drivers
- Ignoring the driver’s track record regarding dangerous driving or alcohol or drug use while driving
- Failure to conduct a thorough background check while bringing drivers on board
- Other negligent hiring practices
- Failure to maintain the cargo truck in good condition
- Improper cargo loading, overloading, and/or loose or unsecured materials
- Failure to install automotive technology and reasonable safety systems in the truck to reduce accident risk
- Violation of HOS (Hours of Service) regulations
How Long Do I Have to File a Truck Accident Lawsuit in NYC?
Personal injury claims have a three-year time limit from the date of the commercial vehicle accident. Unfortunately, if you defer making your claim beyond this timeframe, you will lose your right to any compensation, so do not delay in getting in touch with us.
Get Strong Legal Representation from Proven New York City Cargo Truck Accident Lawyers
Were you severely injured in a cargo truck accident in New York? In the hands of "The Bull," Michael S. Lamonsoff of the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff, you have a formidable ally in your pursuit of just compensation.
Don't take the onus for what happened or let the trucking company's insurance company lowball your claim. To take advantage of our 100 years of combined litigation experience and our impressive track record of settlements and judgments, please get in touch with us and discuss your case with our experienced cargo truck accident attorneys.
Choose Skilled and Experienced Cargo Truck Accident Lawyers in New York
When you choose the leading attorneys from the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff to fight your case, you can rest assured that you will receive the most powerful legal representation possible. New York's legal system might be daunting, but we have the experience and resources to take on large insurance companies and influential trucking companies and other defendants in cases involving a cargo truck crash.
If you or a loved one has suffered severe injuries in a cargo truck accident, you need the most determined representation on your side, like us, to help you get the compensation you deserve. For a free and confidential consultation on the best course of action in your case, call the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff at 212-962-1020 or contact us online.