His clients call Michael Lamonsoff “The Bull” because he never stops fighting for them. Thanks to “The Bull” and his team of top-rated litigators, the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff, PLLC., is consistently rated as one of the top personal injury law firms in New York City.
High-rise development is on the increase in New York City, as more and more companies look to maximize their square footage. Naturally, the installation and use of elevators is a common part of any high-rise construction project. Not only are developers responsible for the construction of elevators for use by the building’s future occupants, but the construction workers also use industrial elevators daily to get to work locations. And the chances of an accident, and a serious one, are present in every elevator installation.
If you have suffered serious injuries, or if you have lost a loved one in a New York construction elevator accident, you need the help of an attorney who is experienced in fighting for injured workers. The attorneys at the Law Office of Michael S. Lamonsoff, PLLC, can provide the best possible legal representation for you and your loved ones with some of the best elevator accident attorneys NYC has available.
Can I sue for injuries I sustained in an on the job elevator accident?
Yes, you can. If you were on the job when you were injured in a construction elevator accident, then you should be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits from your employer.
However, there may be other parties responsible for your injuries. General contractors, property owners, and even safety inspectors are all responsible for the safety of everyone on the job site.
You may pursue a third-party civil suit against anyone responsible for the accident that caused your injuries.
What causes construction elevator accidents?
Workers can be injured while a business or residence elevator is being constructed or once it is in operation and being used by construction workers. On some work sites, an industrial construction elevator may be used during construction.
The primary reasons that high-rise construction workers suffer injuries or death from an elevator accident include:
- Falls. A fall down an elevator shaft can lead to serious injury or death. Employers are required to mark and secure an exposed elevator shaft, and the failure to do so can lead to a deadly accident.
- Mechanical failure. A failure of an elevator’s pulley system or other mechanical feature is a common cause of workplace accidents. Mechanical failures can cause the elevator to fall, often from an extreme height.
- Faulty wiring. Faulty wiring can be the cause of mechanical failures and can also present a risk of electrocution for the workers trying to use the elevator.
- Being trapped. Workers can be trapped in a malfunctioning elevator, or in an elevator shaft while they are working.
- Improper leveling. When an elevator is not leveled properly, the risk of a fall when entering or exiting the elevator is greatly increased.
- Inadequate maintenance. Construction elevators are not always maintained properly. Many times, they will not be maintained at all throughout the term of a construction job, and this only increases the hazards associated with using them.
I'm a construction worker who was involved in an accident. I suffered back, neck, and shoulder injuries. My wife is the one who told me about Michael because she used to work with him before.
Michael really was amazing. It was awesome working with them. I had no issues. Everything went smoothly. He's one of the best lawyers I ever had.
What if my accident was the result of a construction elevator defect or malfunction?
Under those circumstances, our NYC elevator accident lawyers will investigate diligently to see where the responsibility lies. Even construction elevators should be built to code.
There are also parties who will be responsible for inspecting and maintaining them. If one of these parties failed to perform the duties of their job and it led to your serious injury, then you will be able to recover financial compensation through a third-party civil suit.
Contact us for help with your elevator accident claim
The Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff and its New York City construction accident attorneys understand all types of construction accident cases, including those involving elevators, and are aggressive in litigating cases for those who have been injured.
If you have been involved in a construction accident, contact the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff for a free consultation. Let us help you receive the compensation that you deserve.
Contact our office for a FREE CONSULTATION any time.
Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.