His clients call Michael Lamonsoff “The Bull” because he never stops fighting for them. Thanks to “The Bull” and his team of top-rated litigators, the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff, PLLC., is consistently rated as one of the top personal injury law firms in New York City.
Tractor-trailers are becoming an increasingly common sight on America’s roadways. With more online shopping, more semi-trucks are needed to transport goods and products to consumers. In heavily populated areas, such as New York City, the number of tractor-trailers and pedestrians on the roads has led to an increased risk of serious truck accidents.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a truck accident, your best course of action is to speak with an experienced truck accident lawyer in New York as soon as possible. At the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff PLLC, our team of award-winning trial lawyers will fight tenaciously for the full and fair compensation you deserve.
Why choose us?
- Our attorneys are often called upon as legal experts by various media outlets, such as CNN, NBC, CBS, Fox News, or the New York Times.
- We offer an outstanding level of personal service and have received the exclusive Martindale-Hubbell® Platinum Client Champion Award.
- Our lawyers are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Over $500 million in verdicts & settlements for our clients
$16,000,000 Verdict Awarded to a Victim of Sexual Abuse
$12,157,000 Settlement in a Train Derailment Case
$11,750,000 Awarded to a Victim of Wrongful Conviction
$9,000,000 Awarded to a Victim of Municipal Assault
$6,500,000 Settlement in a Construction Accident Case
$5,500,000 Verdict Awarded in a Construction Accident Case
$4,750,000 Awarded to an Injured Construction Worker
$4,100,000 Settlement in a Construction Accident Case
$4,000,000 Awarded to Families of Flight 587 Victims
How are truck accidents differ from car accidents?
A fully-loaded 18-wheeler can weigh up to 80,000 lbs. The average passenger vehicle weighs approximately 3,000 lbs. In a collision with a tractor-trailer, passenger vehicle occupants, motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians are likely to sustain serious, catastrophic, or even fatal injuries. Damages in a truck accident case can be substantial, and insurance companies will fight harder to minimize their payout.
Because of their immense potential to cause damage and injury, large commercial trucks and their owners and operators are regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
They are required to meet strict standards, including:
- Sleep requirements to prevent driver fatigue
- Limitations on the weight of the cargo
- Specifications as to how the cargo is loaded and secured
- Vetting and certification of drivers
- Routine inspections and maintenance of vehicles
What causes truck accidents?
Many different factors can contribute to collisions involving big rigs. FMCSA and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) conducted the Large Truck Crash Causation Study to isolate the major contributing factors. In its Analysis Brief regarding that study, FMCSA states that the critical reason for the crash (87% of which involved driver error) was assigned to large trucks and their drivers in 55% of the truck accidents studied. The top contributing factors associated with commercial trucks and their drivers included:
- Driver fatigue
- Inadequate surveillance
- Over-the-counter drug use
- Prescription drug use
- Travelling too fast for conditions
Who is liable for truck accident injuries?
Truck accident cases often involve multiple potentially liable parties. Responsible parties may include the:
- Truck driver
- Trucking company or truck owner
- Owner of the cargo being transported
- Company responsible for loading the cargo
- Truck or parts manufacture (if vehicle malfunction contributed to the crash)
As soon as possible after a truck accident, our lawyers at MSL will conduct an independent investigation to determine whether federal safety regulations have been violated. If any safety violations or negligence are found, we will uncompromisingly litigate your case against the responsible parties.
Why do I need a lawyer?
Truck accidents are complex cases involving federal regulations and multiple potentially liable parties. They tend to be high-stakes cases because of the severity of injuries a collision with a tractor-trailer can cause. Trucking companies will send a representative to the scene of the accident in an attempt to minimize their liability.
Our experienced commercial truck accident attorneys in New York can:
- Investigate the truck accident to determine fault and liability
- Secure and preserve evidence to support your claim
- Build a strong case based on the evidence
- Deal with insurance companies on your behalf
- Fight aggressively for your rights in court, if necessary
Select results from recent truck accident cases:
- $1,600.000 awarded to a woman who was a passenger in a vehicle rear-ended by an 18-wheel tractor-trailer. Injuries included back neck and shoulder injuries.
- $2,000,000 recovered for a sanitation worker who was injured when a garbage truck crashed into his vehicle resulting in serious injuries.
- $2,000,000 obtained for a woman who was injured when her vehicle was rear-ended by a box truck
Get legal help from our team of New York personal injury trial lawyers
Our founding attorney, Michael Lamonsoff, has been nicknamed “The Bull” because he never stops fighting for his clients. We have represented victims in a number of high-profile injury cases. Our lawyers have recovered more than $500 million for our clients in jury verdicts and settlements.
At the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff PLLC, we offer a free consultation with no obligation. Contact our commercial truck accident lawyers in NYC today to find out if you have a case and what damages you may be entitled to claim.
Contact our office for a FREE CONSULTATION any time.
Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.