Do I Have A Wrongful Death Claim For My Loved One?
The time after a person’s passing is always difficult for their friends and family. This period can be even more devastating if a loved one’s death could have been prevented. A wrongful death action arises when another’s negligent actions cause the death. This third person can be a literal person, entity, or company. Every case is different, as wrongful death attorneys, we can tell you that these cases require the same basic elements:
1. A third party acted negligently or recklessly
2. That negligent or reckless action directly caused the death
3. There must be a surviving spouse, child, or beneficiary
4. Those surviving beneficiaries must have suffered financial damages as a result of their loss
Common Situations Where Wrongful Deaths Can Occur
We have seen a great deal of wrongful death cases and those deaths have been caused by various situations. The most common situations that have caused these deaths are:
1. Criminal activities
2. Medical malpractice
3. Faulty products
4. Automobile, semi-truck, and motorcycle accidents
5. Unsafe working conditions
The passing of a loved one is tragic and comes with a lot of pain. Bringing a wrongful death claim for a loved one is a difficult process to go through alone. Allow us to assist you by taking this burden from you. The experienced team of wrongful death attorneys at The Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff strive to fight for your rights. There is no replacement for your loved one, but we are dedicated to getting you the full amount of compensation possible for your loss.