How to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have been injured by a negligent third party and intend to sue them, you need an experienced and resourceful personal injury lawyer on your side. Moreover, with thousands of personal injury lawyers in New York City to choose from, picking the right lawyer to handle your claim can be a challenging task to say the least. Here are three useful tips that can help you choose a dedicated and competent New York injury lawyer to handle your claim.
Research the Background and Reputation of the Lawyer and Their Firm
Do not choose a personal injury lawyer just because you see their face on billboards and TV a lot. Make sure you research their background and find out whether they are as successful and reputable as they claim to be.
The best way to determine if an injury lawyer is as good as they claim to be is to find out how they are rated by their peers and what kind of professional recognition and awards they have received. These include:
- Have they ever been selected to the panel of Super Lawyers?
- Have they ever been recognized by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, American Institute of Trial Lawyers, American Association of Attorneys Advocates, and other such organizations?
- Are they a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum?
- Are they a member of America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators?
Find Out If They Have Successfully Resolved Cases Similar to Yours
One of the easiest ways to determine whether a lawyer might be able to achieve a positive outcome in your case is to find out whether they have handled similar cases before and recovered damages. For instance, if you have been injured in a commercial truck accident, you need to choose a lawyer who has experience in handling trucking accident claims.
Find Out If the Firm Has Sufficient Resources to Handle Your Claim
Not all law firms have the resources needed to handle a complex personal injury claim. If the firm you choose lacks the manpower, financial resources, and connections to build a strong case, they might not be able to obtain the compensation you deserve. Choosing a lawyer with substantial resources and connections is particularly important under the following circumstances.
- If you have suffered catastrophic or life-altering injuries and are seeking a substantial amount of damages from the at-fault party
- If you are planning to sue a commercial trucking company, construction company, equipment manufacturer, or any other company with considerable resources at their disposal
- If you are planning to sue multiple parties
Find out What the Lawyer’s Former Clients Have to Say about Them
Go through the testimonials and reviews from former clients to get a sense of how good the lawyer is.
Sensible and Resourceful Personal Injury Lawyers are Ready to Represent You
Having the right personal injury lawyer on your side could be the difference between recovering the compensation you deserve and accepting a low settlement offer. The injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff bring first-rate legal knowledge and over 100 years of legal experience to the table and have the resources to handle all kinds of injury claims.
Led by award-winning civil litigator Michael S. Lamonsoff, no case is too large or too complicated for our legal team. To find out how we can help you with your claim, call us today at 212-962-1020 or write to us online and schedule a free consultation.