How to Choose a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or a family member was injured or you lost a loved one in an accident caused by an act of negligence, you have the right to file a claim or lawsuit to recover compensation. Choosing the right personal injury lawyer is vital. For a serious injury case, you need the help of a talented trial lawyer who has extensive experience in high-value cases.
Qualities to look for in a professional personal injury attorney
Personal injury attorneys vary widely in talent and experience. Some lawyers work at firms referred to as “settlement mills.” These firms are focused on volume, rather than on providing personal care and attention. When represented by such a firm, you may rarely, if ever, meet with a lawyer and your case may be handled by an assistant.
Choosing the right lawyer matters
The outcome of your case will depend in large part on the result of the legal skills, reputation, and dedication of your New York personal injury attorney. Some of the key qualities to look for in a professional injury attorney include:
- Results: A successful personal injury attorney has a record of achieving the compensation their clients deserved. Being members of the prestigious Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum indicates that the lawyer is among the finest in the nation.
- Awards and honors: A talented and successful personal injury attorney will be listed in New York Super Lawyers®, have excellent AVVO and Martindale-Hubbell ratings. Martindale-Hubbell is the most trusted peer-review lawyer rating site. For example, our founder, Michael Lamonsoff is rated as a “Client Champion PLATINUM” for 2020.
- Personal care: If you’re suffering from the devastating effects of an injury, you need dedicated legal support, personal care and an attorney who is responsive, available, and keeps you informed about the progress of your case.
- Focus: Many law firms spread their legal service over a number of different bodies of the law. Look for a lawyer focused strictly on personal injury. A law firm dedicated exclusively to what you are looking for — a personal injury lawyer actually based in New York City — is bound to have more focus, experience, and insight, and is thus better able to pursue the maximum in compensation for you.
- Trial experience: Ensure the attorney you choose has a record of success at trial. Not every attorney has the talent to present a complex case to a jury. Choose a trial lawyer who has a reputation for achieving favorable jury awards.
Why choose the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff PLLC?
For a law firm that’s dedicated to protecting the rights of people who have suffered physical and emotional trauma due to an act of negligence, nobody does it better than the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff PLLC, who is among the most celebrated of New York’s leading personal injury law firms.
Our founder and managing partner, Michael S. Lamonsoff, earned his nickname “The Bull” from his clients after decades of relentlessly pursuing compensation on their behalf and getting very successful case outcomes, including cases with odds that other firms wouldn’t touch. His reputation for taking on insurance companies and large corporations with professionalism, skill and success is legendary in New York. His firm has recovered half a billion dollars in compensation to date, and our top-rated attorneys are members of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and are rated as top attorneys in NYC.
Our extensive courtroom experience means that we won’t get bullied — and thus, neither will you. Contact us today at (212) 962-1020 for a free consultation.