Common Injuries Resulting From Rollover Accidents
Rollover accidents can be devastating in nature and result in serious injuries. While rollover accidents are relatively rare, they account for a disproportionate percentage of passenger vehicle occupant fatalities every year.
Common Causes of Rollover Accidents in New York
There are many factors that can contribute to rollover accident. These include:
- Attempting risky maneuvers like swerving or making a sharp turn while driving at high speeds
- Hitting the curb, a pothole, the median, or any other obstruction while driving at high speeds
- Getting hit by a vehicle in a T-bone collision
- Overloading the vehicle with cargo (in case of commercial trucks)
Moreover, certain types of vehicles are more likely to roll over in the event of a crash or a collision compared to others. The most common examples include SUVs, pickup trucks, vans, buses and other vehicles with a high center of gravity.
Common Injuries That Can Result from a Rollover Accident
The biggest risk associated with a rollover accident is that it can leave your entire body vulnerable, which greatly increases your chance of injuries – particularly to your neck and back.
The most common types of injuries that can result from a rollover accident include:
- Broken bones
- Lacerations and puncture wounds caused by broken glass and pieces of metal
- Crushed limbs
- Blunt trauma to the head resulting in skull fractures and traumatic brain injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Slipped or herniated discs in the cervical area or the spinal cord
- Blunt trauma to the spinal cord resulting in compressed or damaged spinal cord
- Damage to internal organs
A New York rollover accident can cause parts of your vehicle to crush or crumple, often pinning passengers in the car in the process. Vehicle fires often result in the wake of a rollover accident as well.
Damages You Can Recover in a Rollover Accident Claim
Depending on the nature and severity of the injuries you suffer, you might be able to recover the following damages.
- Cost of treatment
- Cost of rehabilitation and therapy
- Cost of long-term care or assisted living (in the event of a severe disability)
- Lost wages, benefits, and other perks
- Loss of earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Psychological trauma
- Decreased quality of life
Injured in a Rollover Accident? Let Our New York Personal Injury Attorneys Handle Your Claim!
The injuries resulting from a rollover accident can be extremely serious in nature. Unless you are represented by an experienced attorney, you might not be able to recover the damages you are entitled to.
The trial attorneys at the Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff have an in-depth understanding of New York personal injury law and have over 100 years of combined experience in handling a wide variety of personal injury claims. We can identify all the parties who can be held liable for your injuries, accurately calculate the value of your claim, and fight aggressively to recover the compensation you are owed.
Call us today at 212-962-1020 or contact us online and schedule a free consultation with one of our New York car accident attorneys.